Thread:
Support tabs
You’re logged in as:guest
Online users:0
Online guests:74

adamgol
2018-08-02
14:32 CEST
How to change the shape of cone support tab when, I adjust the shape only the outer dimensions changes and the dimensions near the part is always same.

Lex
2018-08-02
16:49 CEST
Hi Adam,

The tip diameter of the cone support tab (on the side of the part) will change with the base diameter. The size that you enter is for the base, and DeskProto will make the tip size 25% of that value.
It is not possible to change this and make a smaller tip, sorry about that.

Lex.

adamgol
2018-08-03
07:44 CEST
Im trying to make it bigger

Lex
2018-08-03
08:41 CEST
What you can do is make the support tab longer, and then let a larger part of the tab stick into the geometry. As a result the tip of the visible tab will have become thicker.

adamgol
2018-08-03
14:14 CEST

It would be awsome if I could adjust top and bottom part of the cone as you can see in attached picture i hade to add a rectangular block of support to hold the machined item

Lex
2018-08-03
17:00 CEST
Hi Adam,

Good news for you: this is already possible (in my previous posts I simply had forgotten about that option).

DeskProto loads the support tabs as STL files, stored in
C:Program FilesDeskProto 7.0Supports
Here you can find the file Cone.stl that is used for the Cone shape support.

You are free to change that file, and/or add extra files with different shapes (Administrative privileges will be needed).
Important is that the total geometry of your custom tab exactly fits inside a cube (bounding box) of 1 x 1 x 1 mm.

Lex.