DeskProto Expert: all options for 3-axis jobs.
Offers a wealth of options for CNC machining.In the Expert edition all DeskProto options are available except for the rotation axes. The result is a CAM program that allows you to produce even the most complicated models.
A few of the features that the Expert Edition offers you:
- Two different user-interfaces: the wizards to get you started, and the dialogs to exploit all options
- Extremely fast calculations, also for complex geometries
- Large STL files are possible: 500 MB is no problem, for the 64 bits version even several GB
- 3D machining, simple 2D machining and bitmap machining all in one program
- The ability to freely add cutters, machines and postprocessors
- A very intuitive user-interface.
Banner advertisement for DeskProto, featuring a locomotive scale model.
DeskProto Expert applicationsThe DeskProto Expert Edition is meant for professional users who's profession is not CNC machining. Like designers and modelmakers needing a prototype, artists for a sculpture, medics for a brace, etc.
DeskProto can be combined with any 3D CAD program, and with any CNC milling machine.
Using DeskProto you can create a model in many ways:
Functionality in DeskProto ExpertThe following settings are available in the DeskProto Expert Edition:
- Roughing and Finishing operations, the roughing options: skin thickness and layer height
- Limit the area to be machined using a (freeform) segment
- Dynamic feedrate control: automatically reduce for high chip-loads. Also called the "Bit Saver feature"
- Many machining strategies available (see below)
- Inverse milling: machine a cavity that fits the geometry in the STL file
- Add support blocks, needed when machining from several sides or with a rotation axis
- Meander/climb/conventional, Ambient skipping, Collet collision check, ...
- Simple 2D machining, and you can also project the 2D contour on the 3D geometry
- Bitmap machining (grey-value to Z-Height), also project the bitmap relief on the 3D geometry
- Choose a user-interface: wizard or dialog-based, or create a project with the wizard and then fine-tune using the dialogs.
- Freely add machine-definitions
- Configure your own postprocessor (if needed).
DeskProto Expert offers a large number of Milling Strategies for the toolpaths: see the illustrations below.
Available Milling Strategies in the DeskProto Expert Edition:
Parallel to X , Parallel to Y , Parallel to X, angled
Crosswise , Crosswise, angled
Block , Block, angled
Circular , Circular with corners
Spiral , Radial
Waterlines (constant Z) , Contour only (smoothing contour) , Offset (contour-parallel)
Purchasing a DeskProto LicenseThe distribution of DeskProto (all editions) is completely Internet based: all items needed are available via the website or by email. When purchasing a license (via our webshop or via a reseller) the user receives an registration code by email.
The software can be downloaded from the website. This is a free 30 days trial version: you can use your registration code to remove the 30 days time-protection. Manuals can be downloaded from the website as well (as PDF files). Also see the Tutorial video's.